2008 Saturn Vue = LEMON?






Last night while coming back from a quick meal at a local Sub Shop in Port Huron, MI, I entered my 2008 Saturn Vue that I bought for my wife. While pulling the door handle to open the door, it broke! This is just another problem in a line of problems with our 2008 Saturn Vue.
Lets see, transmission problems, airbag sensor problem, hatch problem, it will automatically lock you out of the car while pumping gas or being out of the car with the keys in side (such as to stop and get the mail at the mailbox) and the latest being the door handle breaking. It has already been in the shop 21 days this year for the problems and will being going back in the shop again. We bought the car in the end of August of 2008.

I will not buy another GM / Saturn product again. It's too bad because the dealership, Saturn of Fort Gratiot, was awsome. Thier customer service is the best I have ever seen at any dealership. They are not happy at all with our experiences and have told the Saturn Customer service department that they (Saturn) owe us something. I expect nothing, other than apoligies, which they have given us, but who knows.

This is the first time I have bought a new GM product and I am definately not about to do it again. I'll stay with Chrysler products, which have at least given me some sense of quality and durability.

Saturn Vue looks nice, has nice features, but is cheaply built piece of plastic crap. Stay away from it. Buy something else at Satrun of Fort Gratiot!

Dan

Comments

Anonymous said…
I too bought a Saturn Vue in 08. It is a redline. It has been in the shop many many times. Airbag sensor issue, CD player did not ever work, sun Visor does not open, air condition works intermittently, passenger seat could not be adjusted back or forward, I am sure I am forgetting things. I feel like I got a lemon. I too found the buying experience great with Saturn and the dealership terrific...but the car is a lemon. I also do love the car.....minus the issues.

Popular Posts